Today, regardless of the industry and company size, no business is immune to cyber attack or hacking.
Cyber insurance protect companies against risks related to I.T. (information technology) infrastructure and activities which are usually excluded from Professional indemnity policy coverage.
Cyber risk policy indemnifies the company against:
- Legal lawsuit following a breach of private information or defamation
- Expenses incurred to recover data, provide security audit, or post-accident public relations and investigations expenses
- Support for the consequences of an interruption of online activity
- Consultant fees necessary to end any threat of extortion;
- Reimbursement of cyber-ransoms to pay
- Financial compensations for the loss of any data