No frills, just expertise, transparency and common sense. We've got you covered.
Indemnity for any sum
Direct consequences of any negligent act
Any errors or omissions
Pay for the expenses incurred in the defence
FAQs - Professional Indemnity
What is Professional Indemnity insurance?
Professional Indemnity insurance is designed for individuals and companies that provide an advisory and professional service. It protects the company’s employees when dealing with clients and reduces the personal liabilities of professionals such as consultants.
PI insurance covers professionals Legal fees and compensation for any claim that relates to a civil liability arising from negligence in the conduct of your professional business.
Professional liability insurance policies generally provide coverage under the following aspects :
- Indemnity for any sum which you may become legally liable to pay as damages arising from any claim
- As a direct result of any negligent act in the professional conduct of the Business
- For any error or omission that may occur from your activity
- Pay for the costs and expenses incurred, with our written consent, in the defence or settlement of any claim to which this policy applies
Who needs Professional Indemnity insurance?
PI can be beneficial for professional paid service of any kind, who provides professional service or advice and are at risk of being sued by a client. Some of the most common professions that need to have PI insurance are accountants, architects, engineers, IT professionals, and consultants.
What does Professional Indemnity insurance not cover?
Professional indemnity insurance protects professional advice- and service-providing individuals and companies from financial loss in case of negligence claims made by a client. However, professional indemnity insurance has significant exclusions including the reputational damage that the mistakes have caused.
- Asbestos exclusion
- Computer virus exclusion
- Excludes any claims or circumstances that may lead to a claim if you were aware of them before the start of the period of insurance
- Excludes any employment related claim
- Excludes any fines, penalties or punitive damages identified separately by the court
- Excludes claims brought from or in the United States of America or Canada
- Excludes claims from parties who have a financial or controlling interest in you or who are covered by this policy
- Excludes dishonest or fraudulent act or omission by a director, partner or principal
- Excludes management of financial transactions via the internet, or obscene, blasphemous or pornographic material on the internet
- Excludes the excess shown on the policy schedule for each and every claim
- Financial services exclusion
- Insolvency exclusion
- Onerous contracts exclusion
- Property damage exclusion (unless it arises from a breach of professional duty)
- Recall costs exclusion
- Terrorist act exclusion
- Third party deliverables exclusion
- You must duplicate/back up any electronic data or information on at least a daily basis
Professional Indemnity insurance for doctors
How to switch insurance if I'm already covered?
Switching policy provider at the time of renewal, that is when your current insurance is near expiration, is straightforward. However, it's important to maintain the continuity of coverage while switching insurance providers. Our team at BLACAZ is always eager to assist you, so get in touch if you have any concerns.
Other Corporate Products
Protect every aspect of your business.