No frills, just expertise, transparency and common sense. We've got you covered.
Overseas Medical Expenses
All Risks 24-hour accessibility to medical
Covers personal deviation up to 31 days
FAQs - Travel Insurance
What is Travel insurance?
Travel insurance is a type of insurance plan that protects you from financial risks and losses that you may incur while traveling, either internationally or domestically. Such losses include luggage delays, last-minute trip cancellation or a medical emergency overseas, etc.
In addition to financial protection, the other benefits of travel insurance plans are:
- Medical expenses incurred overseas
- Travel inconvenience such as flight disruptions or loss of luggage
- All risks 24-hour accessibility to medical and travel assistance services worldwide
- Coverage in the event of terrorism
- Personal deviation for up to 31 days before and after a business trip
- Option to allow extension for leisure travel
Who needs Travel insurance?
Travel insurance safeguards you against unknown circumstances while traveling overseas. Frequent travellers can get the most benefit by purchasing a comprehensive travel insurance plan however, any traveller must consider travel insurance due to the benefits it provides to make your travels stress-free and memorable for the right reasons.
What does Travel insurance not cover?
Travel insurance provides safeguards against many forms of travel-related emergencies however, as with any insurance, there are some general exclusions:
- War-torn destinations that have been declared unsafe by governments
- Injuries resulting from extreme activities like skydiving, mountain climbing, jet-skiing, alpine hiking, and bungee-jumping (though you might choose to upgrade to plans that do cover those activities)
- Individual not fit to travel or traveling against doctor advice
- Incidents under the influence of alcohol or drug (including death)
- Carelessness in handling your possessions and baggage
- Medical expenses for pre-existing conditions
- General check-ups for non-emergencies
- Stolen cash
- Missed flights or connections for reasons under your control
How to switch insurance if I'm already covered?
Switching policy provider at the time of renewal, that is when your current insurance is near expiration, is straightforward. However, it's important to maintain the continuity of coverage while switching insurance providers. Our team at BLACAZ is always eager to assist you, so get in touch if you have any concerns.