No frills, just expertise, transparency and common sense. We've got you covered.
All your valuables cover
Choice of settlement
Extensive bespoke insurance concepts
Physical loss or damage
FAQs - Art & Jewellery
What is Art & Jewellery?
Art collection and Jewellery insurance provide coverage against accidental damage, loss of value as well as perils such as fire or theft. Any item which can be handled by an auction house, an art gallery, or an antique dealer is eligible for Art Collection and Jewellery insurance. Some benefits offered by BLACAZ for this segment of insurance are:
- Risks covered for physical loss or damage including transit risks worldwide
- Choice of settlement if an item is partly damaged.
- Extensive bespoke insurance concepts according to your requirements.
- Direct consulting and support by our qualified team.
- Fine Art Transportation
Who needs Art & Jewellery insurance?
All collectors or individuals in possession of art or jewelry items worthy of being a part of an auction or an art gallery should consider purchasing an art collection and jewelry insurance. From beginner to seasoned collectors, purchasing elaborate insurance coverage for your valuable collection will provide financial protection to the insured.
What does Art & Jewellery insurance not cover?
Art collection and jewelry insurance can be tailored to fit the needs of any collector or individual in possession of precious art or jewelry. However, there are some general exclusions to the coverage:
- Inheritance conflict
- War or similar circumstances
- Gradual deterioration due to passage of time
- Loss by insects or vermins
- Damages due to atmospheric conditions like humidity
- Confiscation of the item
- Radioactive contamination
- Inherent defect or breakdown
How to switch insurance if I'm already covered?
Switching policy provider at the time of renewal, that is when your current insurance is near expiration, is straightforward. However, it's important to maintain the continuity of coverage while switching insurance providers. Our team at BLACAZ is always eager to assist you, so get in touch if you have any concerns.